Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Run Forest Run

This is where my head is at

The ferry ride across Lake Michigan was 60 miles, cold and rainy but the water was relatively calm.Right now I'm in Manitowoc, Wisconsin it's raining and I'm in a holding pattern.Rain is forecast for the next two days, so I may end up chilling here. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

I've got a new map and I'm plotting my course through Wisconsin.I'll be heading in a northwest direction to Duluth,Minnesota.It's time to tune my bike and do laundry in preparation for the long haul through Wisconsin.This leg of the journey will take me through some beautiful country. There are several national forests in northern Wisconsin as well as Indian reservations, and State forests.It's going to get wild here real quick.This will be the biggest forest I've ever seen.I won't see another beach until I get to Lake Superior.I should encounter all kinds of wildlife though. Gulp.

5 comments:

  1. Hope that your in good supply of pepper spray just in case. This leg promises to be filled with awe and wonder at the stark natural beauty of this country. To experience that from the birds eye view of your bike saddle will be amazing. on a dcifferent nte...James left for his second tour of Europe with the Dickey Betts Band today. He will be gone through August. I was supposed to go up to the 5-O last nite for a send off gig for him but the youngest one (Gavin) came down with a 103.5 fever and Christina and I had to wait it out to see if we were going to have to take him to the hospital. He stabilized and all turned out fine. Any ways...life here continues to be an exercise in commitment...I am definitely learning a whole lot about how love changes everything...of course I always knew that it's just that I never thought in my wildest dreams that it would look like this. I am doing a little better in the money making end of my world so maybe a trip to New York when you get back isn't that far off. Love and as always ---may peace be widdya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just me. Glad to see you are seeing a lot of good things in our country. Stay safe and know we are following your trip. Love Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's raining here too, Lenny baby! We'll wait out the storm with you. Go buy some Chex Mix and lay low for awhile. (And blueberry coffee!) You might consider buying a machete to keep the critters away from you in those forests. May all the bears and dogs you encounter be as nice as Timber!!!

    Love, Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alot of my family lives in minnesota and wisco. Let me know if you need a place to crash and if its on the way. They would take care of you like a real midwesterner. At least I hope they would or I would kick their asses. Ha

    ReplyDelete