Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 1 climbing out of the Hudson valley




Myfriendscott the mule




The reward just north of west point





This was the climb





This is where I'm going

72 miles later... Just south of Newburgh, I'm holed up in a $49 motel satisfied with a good days work behind me. Wifi, a six inch hard salami, and some peanut butter with seven grain bread, I'm golden. This touring stuff is fun, I think I'm gonna like it. At 6:30 it was still raining and I was on a busy 9w with darkness soon upon me, the motel felt like the smart choice. Day 1 went well. I'm looking forward to tomorrows adventure. Asking directions from the weed whacking, tobacco chewing redneck, was my good fortune of the day. He directed me around a big mountain on 9w and kept me close to the Hudson on 218 for the scenic route in these photos. It's amazing how life unfolds with each choice at 10mph.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. It must be nice to breath all the fresh air as well. Can't wait to read and see more of your adventures.

    Nida

    ReplyDelete