Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Honky tonken at the Seneca lodge in Watkinsglen

Spent the night at the Seneca lodge drinking beers and trading stories with a colorful group of people. It's been around since 1948 and it has attracted all sorts of race car drivers and fans alike.I was rubbing elbows with the two brothers who had it handed down to them from there father.Lots of Watkinsglen racing history in this old place.I heard all about it. Got to bed late and slept great in my cabin. Packed up this morning and was out the door by 8:30. 72 miles later, I've got my camp set up and I'm hijacking a wifi signal fron the hotel next door. This super nice Indian couple insisted that I camp in they're garden next to the hotel. The owner gave me a coke and asked if I wanted a pillow. Cereal, milk?Not bad for just showing up. Looks like rain tonight I'm going to batten down the hatches. and ride out the storm. I'm about 45 miles east of Olean on route 417. With a good nights rest, and luck with the weather, I should be in Salamanca by tomorrow evening. I just cooked up two packs of ramin noodles for dinner, and I have a couple of oranges for a snack. My thighs are stiff and sore, I'll sleep like a rock.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, It was great to see you yesterday (Mon) Hope you get to see Rick and please take some pictures so we can see him. Haven't seen him in many a year. Be careful and know we love you!! Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete