Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Finally I got one to smile

Stumptown coffee from Variety for this mornings festivities



Harrison lake in Ohio
The road from Bowling Green to Harrison lake was indeed a treat. 20 mile an hour wind right in my face, the tractor trailers were blowing me all over the road, and I had a two foot shoulder. I did stumble across a nice bike path for about ten miles. I'm starting to realize there are a lot more roads out here than my map is showing. Both yesterday and today I started improvising my route to my planed destination. By asking strangers for directions I get a local spin on the ways to get from one place to another. That combined with a state map is how I'm plotting out this journey.
It was a hard fought 57 miles to Harrison lake state park, but the reward was awesome. As you can see by the pictures , it was beautiful. I find my self wishing that you all could experience this with me. A wonderful camp ground is good for the soul. I got up the next morning ready to go dashing through the Ohio country side. And that's what I did. 84 miles later here I sit in Marshal Michigan about 20 miles east of Kalamazoo! Too bad Daniel is not in town yet, we could have hung out, brother. It was 80 today, and not a cloud in the sky. The riding was good and hot. I'm in a cheap hotel plotting my next move. Isn't this fun?


2 comments:

  1. We wish we were right there with you too except for the butt butter part!! The scenery looks beautiful! We can't believe how far you have gotten!! Glad the weather has been good to you! Take care!

    Kimme and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lenny good to see u got to michigan safe i start mt vaca friday im gonna do alot of riding i think im gonna look up some old friends i have'nt seen in a while did'nt see your bro today i was working in the race car. Be safe

    Dave

    ReplyDelete