Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 5 on the road

Debra, aka granny for hire

Granny and I sit down to a serious breakfast



Last night granny got on the chin up bar and started busting them out
My stay in Ithaca New york was short but sweet. I was treated like a guest of honor at this woman's humble abode. Granny was a kindergarten teacher for 20 years, and she is as fit as a fiddle. Four times a week she gets up at 6 a.m. to go swim laps at the YMCA.This morning she went swimming then came back to make us scrambled eggs with toast, steamed broccoli, and stuffing with mushrooms and red peppers. French press coffee, orange juice and fresh fruit. We talked and had a leisurely breakfast. I didn't get on the road untill 10:30 and headed straight for Watkins Glen state park. Now I'm sitting in a cabin with wifi up in the woods it's around 3 in the afternoon and I'm good and tired. I only rode 30 miles today, and to date I've covered 280 miles.
I picked up some pepper spray for the next angry dog attack, thanks to my friend Daney's suggestion. Peace out, from the cabin in the pines.



4 comments:

  1. Watkins Glen....I've been thru that area on the way to New Hampshire. Pretty country, fosho. Sounds like the Hill country is slowing your anticipated mileage per day way down. 280 miles divided by 5 = 56miles per day....oh well, you'll make it up out in the flat ass heartland. Just be safe, enjoy every day as if it were your last and meditate on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing you picked this pepper spray! be safe and keep having a good time. nida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenny! When do you think you will be arriving here in Jamestown? We hope you will be staying with us. You're room is all ready. I have a 5 year old Estavan guitar waiting for you to tune. We want to have you play for us at our campfire. There are at least 3 fires going on in our neighbor all the time! We love following your blog! Be safe! See you soon!

    Lisa & Kimme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry we did not hear from you.

    Kody and Suzie

    ReplyDelete