Friday, May 15, 2009

Big brother

The Star of the show himself Rick Sales

Little man



Rick riding his motorized razor bike
It's Thursday afternoon and I'm chilling with my long lost brother Rick. It's been 25 years since I've seen him, and what a treat it is! God I love Rick, I always have. I forgot just how funny he is. He's a one man show. He just keeps me entertained for hours. I feel so lucky to have this chance to spend sometime with him. I rode 80 miles to Eastlake Cleveland with no address I called him when I got into town, and I ended up two blocks away from his shop and home. He's still a body man working and living out of a big shop. Right now he's painting a boat. He's got a dog named Little man, oh, and he bit me, the little shit.We've been hanging out working on the boat. I helped with the taping. We've enjoyed a few meals together and last night we cooked steaks in the electric skillet. I am enjoying myself thoroughly. Right now I'm waiting out the weather and it looks like I'll take off on Sunday. That will give me a least five nice days to start riding on west, and give me some more quality time with my brother. This is the first time I've had to hunt down a wifi signal. Sorry for the late post. But I've got some serious catching up to do with Richard!



2 comments:

  1. 25 years? wow, don't recall you speaking too much about this part of your story....glad to hear you are having a reconnect...what's the itenirary for the upcoming weeek out of Cleveland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop by tommorow if you get a chance i could use all the encouragment i can get. would love to get to see you again too before your "left coast" bound. - finn

    p.s. laura will have her phone...716-338-8622 race starts at 7am beer tent opens at 8am...hope to be rolling in or one around noon:)

    ReplyDelete