Monday, May 11, 2009

The perfect camping spot

I love me a state park
Today I rode 50 miles around Chautauqua lake without my panniers. I stopped at Long point state park and had lunch with this beautiful view. I caught up with the rest of my family in these parts and visited with some old friends. I'm starting to get antsy about moving on. Yesterday I took the day off and felt guilty. I'm looking to head over to Lake Erie and follow it through Ohio. It looks like I'm going to visit my brother Rick in Ohio. I just got off the phone with him, he's about a two days ride away.My visit with Lisa and Kimme has been wonderful. I could easily stay here and wear out my welcome, but that's not my style. Kimme sewed up my pannier that the rodent in wellsville destroyed. Now I'm good to go. Yesterday I even played some guitar around the campfire just like my buddy Daney ordered. tonight I'm cooking dinner for the girls, so I gotta run to the store and pick up some food. See ya later.

3 comments:

  1. Ohio bound....my old neck of the woods..watching you all the way and wishing you pece and strength for a safe trip....would have loved to have been around that campfire and harmonizing with ya, we never did get a chance to get all the way through that Eagles tune we used to try and harmonize on ("All Ready Gone") wish I could say I've gotten better but that would be a strretch of the truth. Love ya kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your desire to see Rick. However don't forget for 6 mos. last year he called here nearly everyday and threatened to kill both Mom and I. Hope he has changed his attitude since then. Let me know how he is.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Lenny on your journey. What your doing is so cool. It was good to see you in the old stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete