Monday, May 25, 2009

Golden in Silver lake on Memorial day


Silver lake

Silver lake from the dunes

Silver lake sand dunes

This morning I did some exploring around Silver lake. The dunes are amazing. Lots of people with 4x4's drive all up on them. They were all camped out at the campground last night.It was 4x4 city. I had a short ride to
Ludington this afternoon.Dean a biker,rode me into Ludington. He kind of startled me as he rode up from behind and started talking to me.We rode together what seemed like 15 miles, talking and getting to know one another. It was great cause he showed me the way. Once in Ludington I bought my ticket for the ferry to cross into Wisconsin. I leave tomorrow at 9:00a.m. Theres only one trip a day and it takes 4 hours.It's gonna rain tomorrow so I got a motel room close to the ferry right in town. Now I have the rest of the day to explore Ludington.I'm excited about the ferry ride tomorrow, and then being in Wisonsin. Wow! I'm in a cute coffe house right now drinking french press and eating a piece of mocha pecan pie. Don't hate me.

4 comments:

  1. The country up there we think is beautiful. That's why we loved to go there and see Pam. Onekama would remind you of Bemus Point in the summer. If you decide to ride your bike back are you going the Southern route? Keep in touch.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lenny, this is Dean checking in. Glad to see you made it to Ludington. It was great riding with you and getting to know you. When I got back to the house I told my family about your big adventure. We talked about you all afternoon....so many questions! I'll be checking your blog. Have a great trip, Man. If you want to talk sometime, here's my email...deancohen@msn.com. All my best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday I look forward to catching your updates and looking at the pictures/ I take a few moments to indulge in the "wondering" of what it is really like out there for you, and of course how I would experience it. The different people, and places and thing that you encounter have to be a trip. I think of you oftten and hope to catch up to when this is over back in the city. Love you bropther. Ride well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks beautiful there! Glad that you had a nice memorial day weekend! I can't believe how far you have gotten. Can't wait to see what's next. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete