Sunday, June 28, 2009

This part of the country is beautifulAlan,Susan, Eric, and Liz told great stories of the history of these partsI spent the night here with the FamilyEric and I went sailing in his uncle's sailboatEric showing off the bounty of clams we just dug up

Saturday morning started out with a 20 mile ride to the Port Townsend ferry.While waiting for the ferry to arrive I met Eric who was on his way to his uncle's to go sailing. I decided to follow him for the next 27 miles only to be punished by the back road hills that led us to his uncle's place.Eric is a high school teacher in Seattle and has raced sailboats in Tanzania.Upon arriving I met the rest of the family,and we went down to the beach to dig up clams for dinner.Now that was fun!After that, Eric and I went for a quick and adventurous sail in his uncle's boat.
When we got back I scrubbed clams While the rest of the family prepared dinner.Fresh clams over pasta, sauteed vegetables,salad, and rhubarb pie with ice cream.Another amazing encounter with the people and places in this incredible part of the country.Thank you for sharing these times with me. I am humbled by your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment