Monday, June 8, 2009

I miss Brooklyn

Check out this wild turkeyTurtle River SP
Just a nice bridge

After two tough days and five ticks I'm in Lakota, North Dakota.Last nights camping was great, but it started raining and didn't stop till 11a.m.The weather has been rainy the last two days and cold as well. I got my first flat tire two days ago.Not bad considering I got a flat once a week in N.Y.C.I had this nice turkey pecking around the woods at my camp site, she had three little babies too. I got infested with ticks gathering fire wood. They were in my tent, sleeping bag, panniers, even on me, luckily I didn't get bit. Today I washed all my cloths so hopefully that's the end of the ticks!There is nothing in North Dakota for miles.I need some nice weather to bring up my spirits.Riding in the cold rain sucks, but I'm still having fun. Just not as much.I miss Brooklyn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lenny!!!! wow! what a trip you are having. brooklyn misses you too, friend! xo cece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's me just 'ol Aunt Nan. Sorry the weather hasn't been good for you. Hope it gets better and lifts up your spirits. Stay Safe. Love ya me

    ReplyDelete