Friday, June 12, 2009

Hershey squirts

Hey, It's Friday morning I'm in Minot,North Dakota. Yesterday was a 68 mile ride in the rain, nice.This morning the sky is beautiful,and it looks like the temp is in the 70's.I did some bicycle maintenance this morning after riding in the rain the chain was pretty gritty.I'm good to go now.I haven't had a decent cup of coffee in a week.The food in this part of the country is also horrible.Greasy!! Everything is fried.It's given me a nice case of the runs.That's always fun out on the road on a bicycle.At first I thought I might have Lyme disease,but I looked up the symptoms on the web, I'm o.k. I'll be moving on shortly.I met some nice guys in Rugby the other day and hung out at a bar with them and learned all about wind farms.The folks around here are really nice.I miss the farmers market in Union Square.Oh yeah, and Maya's cooking. See ya!!

1 comment:

  1. North Dakota huh? Benn in 41 of these united states and that ain't one of em. Hmmm, from your description, unless I'm dinosaur fossil hunting, I don't think I care if I make it to North Dakota. As for the fried food - well Len...in a land that cold in June those folks just gotta keep a thick layer over them bones lest they freeze to death! Brother you just keep going. What an amazing picture you are painting for us to enjoy. I truly do stop a couple times a day and wonder where you are at (at that moment) and what the whole scene in your world is like. I hold good thoughts for and of you. I don't like the idea of you diagnosing yourself via the internet....just because it's on the net don'ty make it true - ya know. Please be aware of any thing that may resemble Lymes. That is a tricky little sickness dude. Be well and as always may peace be widdya.

    ReplyDelete