Thursday, June 18, 2009

A much needed rest day

This is how far I've come

I woke up this morning to some nasty winds out of the west and decided to stay put right where I am.I tossed it back and forth till 11 o'clock before I made up my mind to stay.I haven't had a rest day since coming over the ferry into Wisconsin and now feels like a good time to take one.I spent the morning disassembling my bike and cleaning and tuning it up for the next leg of the tour.The owner of the motel hooked me up with some rags and a bottle of degreaser, now it's like new money.People are so nice,I'm amazed at how they go out of their way to help me out.Meeting new folks everyday is one of the highlights of being on this adventure.The couple that owns this place also have a cafe and laundry facility so this is the perfect one stop shop.The cafe has really good ice cream and coffee.Last night I had a pizza that was pretty good too.I wouldn't normally vacation in a town like this, but I'm going with the flow.Tomorrow it's back to work though.Yeehaw! ride em bikeboy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there nephew. Gosh I can't believe how far you have gone. I always wanted to cross the country and almost did on our 25th anniversary but Uncle Bob wanted to go to Hawaii so we did that but I would have loved to do what you are doing only not on a bike. I wanted a motor home. So good luck and know I am keeping track of you Love Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete