Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy summer

Mitch took this shot
My route so far
View from the $32.00 crest motel

I'm in Duluth, Minn. after a 72 mile ride from Ashland Wisconsin.It's nice to be in another state.Yesterday I met Mitch coming from the opposite direction. He's on his fourth or fifth crossing. too bad he wasn't heading in the same direction. He would have been some good company. His daughter was following him in a car.That would be nice too.

Today is sunny and in the 60's, perfect biking weather.I just got a map from Minnesota, it looks as though there are lots of camp grounds in my path. So is the Chippewa Nat'l forest,and the Leech Lake Indian Reservation.It's was nice to see Lake Superior. I'm glad I came up this way.As long as the weather stays good and the winds aren't too strong I should make some good time heading west.As for my plans about how I'll return after I reach the west coast. I simply don't know.I'm taking this one day at a time.I can't project that far into the future. It's too overwelming.Anyways,I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.Or make promises I can't keep.Happy summer!

2 comments:

  1. Its very cool to look at the route penciled in on a map. That really puts it in a different visual perspective. Truly amazing. I didn't mean to put you on the spot about the trip back. I know all to well that you will ne doing what you think is right. And I have never knoown you to make promises you didn't keep. Be well and enjoy yourself. We're right here watching in cyber reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the map! You are moving right along! Keep us guessing it makes for a much more interesting blog! I love checking in everyday and seeing what's happening.

    ReplyDelete