Friday, June 19, 2009

Somewhere in the middle of america

Amber waves of grain

I'm in Cut bank,Montana,44 miles from the Rocky Mountains.I can see them in the distance looming with snow drizzled on top of them like frosting on a giant jaged cinnamon bun.The forecast for tomorrow is rain,and the wind is gusting up to 30 miles per hour right now.I'm so excited!I've come all this way to see this amazing sight.I think I'm in pretty good shape to tackle these puppies.In a few days we'll see just what kind of shape I'm in. I was on my bike at 6 a.m. this morning and had a beautiful 44 mile ride to Shelby, where I ate eggs and french toast for breakfast,then I rode 22 miles to Cut Bank.I scored some free muffins at a coffee shop and milked the owner for information about the road ahead.She also recommended a cheap hotel.So, here I am at my base camp trying to imagine what lies ahead.It's crazy never knowing what the next day is going to bring.It's been like this the whole way.Every time you crest a hill your trying to get a glimpse of the road ahead.Most of the time it's another hill.But other times the landscape just explodes and it's like, Wow! I wish you could see this.Pictures can't express the feeling of being in the middle of this amazing landscape.Montana is everything you've ever seen in a cowboy movie only your surrounded by it. It's like being in the middle of an ocean of land. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment