Monday, June 22, 2009

The 67 mile smile


The Flat Head River
Me posing pretty One of the many cutbacks

Oh my god! That was incredible! My day started out in a little breakfast joint with two other cyclists in East Glacier.We shared experiences and had a nice breakfast.Evidently I have been climbing for the last two weeks and didn't even know it.I started my ride at 9:00 a.m. and only had to climb 10 miles before I reached the Continental divide, which is Marias Pass, some 5000 feet above sea level.Then it was all down hill! 67 unbelievable miles of down hill!Wow!That was a once in a lifetime experience.I saw three cyclists going in the opposite direction and I can't imagine having to do that.They looked miserable.I on the other hand was over joyed.The first thing I did when I got to the bottom was get a tooth pick to get the bugs out of my teeth, cause I was smiling the whole way.Talk about beautiful.Glacier National Park is wonderful.The pictures are not even close to the real thing.I wish you all could experience what that was like.There's nothing like it.Sending my love and zest for life in these beautiful times.Your friend lenny.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR SENDING US ALL YOUR ZEST FOR LIFE AND SHARING THIS EXPERIENCE WITH US. (Sorry about shouting there. Cap locks on and to lazy to retype it.)
    Seriously though, thank you. I am in awe. The pictures may not do the real thing justice. That only happens in modeling where the pictures are better than the real thing. This ain't modeling. I am so jacked-up over seeing these pics and imagining your exhiliration of that down hill. I remember that feeling I had on my Kawasaki coming down the Blue Ridge out of Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina. It is inspiring. Loving it all Lenny. Just loving it all. As always, may peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete