Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lookout Montana here I come

Western ND turned out to be quite niceSomewhere in the middle of NDNot the best conditions

Here I sit on the boarder of North Dakota and Montana in Williston,ND.With 2,200 miles behind me I'm looking at another 1,200 miles to Seattle,with three mountain ranges to cross.This past week was a real test of my will.I'm happy to have prevailed.For me one of the toughest challenges is the weather.I am through and through a fair weather cyclist.As long as it's sunny and warm I'm good to go.The cold, wind, and rain is a whole different story.

I've met some really nice people bellying up to the bar after a long day in the saddle.Last night I learned a lot about the booming oil business and cheap real estate in North Dakota.It's amazing what you get for 30 grand.Good paying jobs are also plentiful.The only problem is the 40 degree below zero winters.I couldn't even imagine that.

My legs are so much stronger than when I first hit the Catskills.I don't even use my granny gear any more.The butt muscles are also getting tougher. Not quite where they need to be, but I'm getting there.We'll see what Montana has to offer over the next week.I feel much better today, I just ate some great Mexican food.Today it got up into the 80's, luckily I got an early start this morning.Tomorrow it's onward and upward. Lookout Montana here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment