Monday, April 20, 2009

These two folks are my favorite. Jamie and Cece

Right now I'm soaked to the bone! I just came back from Bedford in a downpour. Jamie, Cece and I stopped for a couple of beers at Spikehill. I've got a nice buzz working so I thought I'd blog a bit. Yesterday I had a nice easy ride up to Inwood. In the morning I went to bicycle Habitat and got a lesson in bicycle repair. Now I'm really set to take care of any emergency repairs. Chain repair check, spoke repair check. Thanks Hal, you're the best! I rode 32 miles nice and easy just spinning. I'm about a week and a half from shoving off and I could'nt be more excited! The only thing I need to get is some Chamious lube. Yeah, I thought I'd share that with you. even though I have'nt needed it until now, I know it will be much needed in the near future. Getting caught in the rain was a nice reminder of things to come. I've been such a wuss all spring, only riding when the weather is favorable. I know that's all going to change when I'm on the road. for now I can afford to be a pansy, In fact I'm enjoying it. Lastnight I considered sleeping in my sleeping bag on the floor just to start getting used to roughing it. but then I remembered my nice big bed and opted for the comfortable option. I should fully enjoy it while I can. No?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you should enjoy it - especially since Maya is in it, and you ain't gonna be having that going on for awhile!!!!!!!! Count down is on...you are getting short brother.

    ReplyDelete