Saturday, April 11, 2009

salty briney cyclist

Bathing Canadian geese make it look easy

The reality of the situation is slowing starting to take hold in my imagination. Every time I get in the shower I try to imagine what it's going to be like taking a sponge bath at my camping site after I've changed out of my cycling shorts, or should I do that at the gas station before I even get to my make shift campsite? I'm making sure to enjoy each and every shower I take be fore I leave home as well. Soon enough I'll be the salty Briny cyclist longing for a warm shower. Keeping clean and doing my laundry will keep my mind occupied for a portion of the day. I don't want to be the stinky guy rolling into town looking for directions. Gathering food and water will take up a good portion of the day, as well as where to poop and pee? In the evening a few hours before the sun goes down I'll be looking for a campsite. Good photo's will always be in the fore front of my mind. Oh god, what about wifi? I'll constantly be looking for a signal so I can keep my blog up to date. Ah, freedom has it's cost.

2 comments:

  1. Freedom has it's cost indeed my friend....and that is what makes it priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit brother - if it ain't got 1500cc's and a throttle.....I ain't up to no 3000 mile trek via peddle power! It just sounded adventurous.

    ReplyDelete