Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Danbury coffe house in Piermont N.Y.

Tunnel vision under the George Washington bridge

It’s amazing, the cycling culture one stumbles on once you cross the George Washington bridge in upper Manhattan. 9 west is the route that seems to be a serious training ground for racing cyclist from all over. This coffee house in Piermont is about 20 miles north of the George Washington bridge. Great place to take a break.

Sunday March 22nd, 2009

I took it kind of easy today. I walked to the 9th street espresso in alphabet city and back. That’s about a six mile walk. Then I rode over to Prospect park and around the loop a couple of times. About 16 miles. We had dinner with some farmers market people, then drinks last night at the Richardson with Maya’s friends from the New School.

Friday March 27th, 2009

Today I rode to Piermont and back for a total of 62 miles. It was a tough ride on my butt muscles. With ten miles to go I started experiencing a very sore right cheek. I Made it home o.k. took a shower and went for a walk. I was pretty wiped out when I got home. I can see how crashing in my tent will be no problem after 75 miles on my bike.

Saturday March 28th, 2009

This morning I walked to Union Square to get crab cakes and clams at the farmers market. I also walked home, it’s a 8 mile walk. I rode my bike over to Prospect park and around the loop 5 times. By the time I got back home I had cycled 30 miles. I got the rest of my toiletries this morning, as well as some leg warmers which work really well. No need for tights now. Soon I’ll have everything I need to bring for my trip. April will be the big training month. Hopefully I can ride 3 or 4 days a week and increase my mileage as well. I wish to pay closer attention to my nutritional needs. It would be nice to drop a few pounds as this will only make things easier, and lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment