Saturday, April 4, 2009



Saturday February 28,th 2009


Ah, the last day of February. Only two months to go. I’ve got all my camping gear except for my stove. I could have picked one up today, but I had last minute reservations. It’s a space and weight thing. I’m torn between wanting to cook my meals and just getting things on the go at stores. Part of me really wants to make coffee in the morning and dinners in the evening resting by a stove at camp thinking about the days events. And the other part of me knows that there are plenty of places to get something to eat. The space I save from not bringing the stove could be used to store food to bring with. Now that I think about stealth camping, it makes more sense to just get in and get out. I don’t know, I’ve got more time to ponder it. There is also the fuel issue. Those canisters can’t be that easy to come by.
Soon I’ll start getting my toiletries together I want to get everything in order and do some practice runs here in New York to work out the kinks, and get an idea of how the bike handles fully loaded. Well half loaded anyway. I’ve decided to only go with rear panniers. Maybe a handle bar bag we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment