Sunday, April 26, 2009

T- bone celebration


This was the view from my campsite. It was a mountain bike path that cut along the side of the mountain. Not a bad front porch view. My first night in the woods was uneventful. I was dead tired and asleep by dusk. I didn't use my stove cause I had nothing to cook. This test ride was an eye opener. I'm glad did it. I was up at the crack of dawn, packed and peddled to the nearest coffee shop 10 miles south. Riding a fully loaded bike with no coffee at 7 a.m. on unfamiliar roads is quite challenging. I need to make room for a cowboy coffee set up on my rig. I made it back to brooklyn in 3 1/2 hours before the traffic got ugly. I picked up two 26 dollar a piece, t-bone steaks from Marlow & daughters for dinner and Maya and I celebrated Saturday night with an amazing dinner. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment