Thursday, July 2, 2009

The North West Pacific Coast

The end of a great dayScott,Dewhite,and Sarah all on solo adventuresCamping on the beach
The biggest piece of driftwood everHoh National Rain ForestRuby Beach
Ruby Beach in Olympic National Park

Yesterday I made a big left hand turn and started heading south through Olympic National Park.Early in the morning I came across a gem of a beach called Ruby Beach.I also rode through the Hoh National Rain Forest.Then I passed four more beach's before checking out South Beach.Upon arrival I met Scott from Seattle.The first thing he did was put a cold beer in my hand,It was 11:00 a.m.Three beers later I had no choice but to stay.Sarah from Colorado showed up sometime in the afternoon and Dewight rolled in on His motorcycle from Montana around six, and the party was on.Four solo adventures converging on a tiny camp ground right on the beach.Everyone had a story to tell.We drank beer and exchanged stories long into the night around a camp fire.Scott was into his jeep,kayaking,and fire lookout stations.He was very generous with his extensive selections of good beer. Dewight was on a week long motorcycle jaunt through Olympic Park. An avid camper he was.He even used to work at Yosemite National Park.Sarah just finished her Masters in Colorado and was camping alone all over the place all by her lonesome.We were impressed to say the least.She had a trusty miniature hatchet in case anyone gave her any shit.There was lots of talk of bears and other critter encounters.Everyone was on a self discovery trip.
It was really nice being around like minded individuals and sharing our experiences.
It made me realize how much I miss my friends.I'm sitting in a coffee house on Pacific Beach counting my lucky stars.

2 comments:

  1. miss you brother lenny.. when are you plan on coming back bro??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenny! You made it! I'm so glad you have met so many nice people in your travels. My parents are printing out every page of your blog and putting it in a notebook for whoever wants to look through it. Lisa looked through it the other day. Everyone is good here. It's the Fourth of July and it finally quit raining. It's going to be a good day. It's been raining for like 6 days.

    ReplyDelete