Sunday, July 5, 2009

lenny sails

Well I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July.I'm back in Port Angeles Washington with a story to tell.I was here about 6 days ago and while cruising around craigslist I came across and ad looking for a sailing partner.I answered the ad but never got a response, so I left town the next morning and didn't think too much about it.On Thursday I got my email returned saying that this person had tried to call me and left a message on my voicemail and if I didn't return his email he would consider me not interested. I Shot him back an email and said I was still interested and kept heading south.Later that afternoon I finally got network coverage on my cell phone and saw that I had a voicemail.It was Marvin Geer and he left his telephone number so I called and he wanted to meet with me. The only problem was I was 150 miles away in Aberdeen.I managed to hop on a bus with my bike and made my way back to Port Angeles a little after eight that same evening.I met with Marvin. We went out to this Mexican restaurant which I had been to last time I was in town.To make a long story short.Out of five people interested in the position Marvin selected me to be his sailing partner.So somewhere around next Friday we will be sailing his custom built 37 ft. sailboat out of the straight of Juan De Fuca down to San Fransisco.If we get along and everything works out I have the option to sail all the way to the Panama Canal, back up through the Caribbean and up the east coast to North Carolina.I am currently living aboard the boat and Marvin and I are getting to know one another. He is 69 years old, retired and describes himself as an old sailing dog.He's a really nice guy and I'm about to get an education of a lifetime.This is something that I've always wanted to do, so when the opportunity showed up I was all over it.The adventure continues! Oh, my bike fits on the boat so I'm bring it with.Sorry I don't have any picture at the moment. I left my camera on the boat this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment