Sunday, July 26, 2009

Changed my mind

high above the Oregon coastNice beach

After much contemplation I decided to resume my journey on land. Last night I told Marvin I wanted to abandon ship.Life on the ocean was a little too slow paced.It was great when we had wind, but boring when we had to motor at 2 miles an hour.Marvin took it well and was just as nice as ever.We had coffee together this morning and bid each other farewell.Ever since the sand bar incident I tried to convince myself it would be o.k.,but in the end my land loving self convinced me to get back on solid ground.Now I'm headed down the Oregon coast in search of winding roads and beautiful landscapes.I hope to get back to Portland as well, to meet up with Jamie and Cece in the first week in August,then head to California and see my old friend Jesse Muson and a much anticipated reunion with my dear friend Christi who also resides in California with her husband and two children.Stay tuned for some exciting new developments in my quest to travel, discover and experience life on the go.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What else can I say? But, fucking wow! Ride on Lenny. Ride on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leonard...
    Isn't it great to change your mind?
    i am wondering, does this mean you will possibly be in these parts in later August?
    We will be returning from Kauai on August 26.
    i am feeling concerned about the timing...
    Hope it feels great to be on the road again.
    Be safe and enjoy the ride!
    Peace & Love
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Just me!!!! Worrying about you as usual. I am just not keen on Motorcycles. So young man you be careful. What beautiful pictures you have been taking. Love you Aunt Nan

    ReplyDelete