Monday, April 20, 2009

These two folks are my favorite. Jamie and Cece

Right now I'm soaked to the bone! I just came back from Bedford in a downpour. Jamie, Cece and I stopped for a couple of beers at Spikehill. I've got a nice buzz working so I thought I'd blog a bit. Yesterday I had a nice easy ride up to Inwood. In the morning I went to bicycle Habitat and got a lesson in bicycle repair. Now I'm really set to take care of any emergency repairs. Chain repair check, spoke repair check. Thanks Hal, you're the best! I rode 32 miles nice and easy just spinning. I'm about a week and a half from shoving off and I could'nt be more excited! The only thing I need to get is some Chamious lube. Yeah, I thought I'd share that with you. even though I have'nt needed it until now, I know it will be much needed in the near future. Getting caught in the rain was a nice reminder of things to come. I've been such a wuss all spring, only riding when the weather is favorable. I know that's all going to change when I'm on the road. for now I can afford to be a pansy, In fact I'm enjoying it. Lastnight I considered sleeping in my sleeping bag on the floor just to start getting used to roughing it. but then I remembered my nice big bed and opted for the comfortable option. I should fully enjoy it while I can. No?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you should enjoy it - especially since Maya is in it, and you ain't gonna be having that going on for awhile!!!!!!!! Count down is on...you are getting short brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best lenny!
    -j

    ReplyDelete